Fit Shape was established in 2009 by Tracy Pendergast.
Fit Shape is Functional fitness training that keeps your body in shape for your daily activities such as sports, walking, bending, lifting, or whatever your job and life entails.
Functional training like most types of fitness training includes aspects of balance, stability, posture, flexibility in addition to muscular strength.
My vision as personal trainer is to support, inspire and motivate women to move better, feel better and live a healthier lifestyle. I encourage women to live their lifestyle through the participation of regular exercise, healthy eating and a positive mindset.
Getting fitter, stronger, and healthier is not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Fit Shape guarantees to get you moving better, feeling better and looking better.
"This was me 21 years ago after I had my first baby Kayla. I was a size 16-18. I was feeling uncomfortable in my clothes, lacking confidence and struggling with my new identity as a mother. I had my second child Meleah 18 months apart and my weight increased even more. I had a pair of pants that I used to wear everywhere that had split down the seam and could not be fixed. I was not going to buy a size 18. So I made a decision to lose weight. At the time I had no idea of nutrition or exercise. I walked every day, played indoor netball and touch football all with 2 kids in tow. I ate 3 meals a day, 2 snacks and lost 30kg. After losing the weight I felt more confident, my fitness had improved, my walks had turned into runs and I felt happy and proud of myself. I wanted to help other people feel the same way I did so I studied fitness. And here I am today a Personal Trainer. I know the struggles of being overweight. I know how uncomfortable it can be, unable to move well. I was a fussy eater...I still am but I know the struggles with food and I know all the excuses because I've probably used them at some point too. So if you want to train with someone who's been there and know what it's like I'd love to help you."
Tracy is registered and insured with Fitness Australia as a qualified Fitness Specialist, Personal Trainer, Group Fitness instructor and Children's Trainer.
With over 18 years of experience in the fitness industry specializing in women's health & wellness, Tracy has certifications in:-
- Diploma in Fitness 2013
- Certificate III in Fitness 2002
- Certificate IV in Fitness 2004
- Certified NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming) Coach
- Time Line®️Therapist
- Pro Jumping Fitness Instructor
- Female Health & Performance Certification
- Certified Barre Attack Level 1 & Advanced Instructor
- Certified Metafit & Metapwr Coach
- Pilates - Matwork, Intermediate, On the Ball, Pregnancy & One on One
- Level 1 Anti Gravity Instructor - Fundamentals, Pilates & Aerial
- Punch Boxing & Kickboxing
- Certificate IV in Children & Adolescent fitness training
- Kettlebell Training level 1 & 2
- Advanced Strength Training
- Level 1 Triathlon coach
- Suspension Fitness Certified
- Certificate III in Massage & Aromatherapy
- Certificate in Nutritional Therapy
- Exercise Nutrition 2.0
- Current CPR and First aid
- 200 Hour Yoga Fit Instructor
- 16 Fitness Conventions undertaking numerous fitness & nutrition seminars & workshops